If you're a Costco shopper, chances are you've come across the magic little snack food that is an Aussie Bite. Yummy, easy to grab on-the-go, and packed with healthy pregnancy diet ingredients like chia seeds, flax, whole oats, and dates -- this homemade version is made even healthier by taking out the sugar!
- 1¾ cup rolled oats (regular or GF)
- ¼ cup dried apricots
- 3-4 pitted dates
- ¼ cup ground flaxseed
- ¼ cup unsalted sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ¼ cup quinoa (uncooked is fine)
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 24 count mini-muffin pan.
- Pour 1 cup of rolled oats into a food processor. Process for about 1 minute until oats are pulverized into oat flour.
- Add in the remaining ¾ cup rolled oats, dates, dried apricots, flax seed, sunflower seeds, coconut, quinoa, chia seeds, and baking soda. Pulse until apricots and dates are in small bits.
- Pour in honey, melted butter, coconut oil, and vanilla extract. Pulse just until combined.
- Divide batter among the prepared muffin tin.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove pan from oven and let cool in pan on a wire cooling rack in the pan.
- Once completely cooled, remove from pan and store in an airtight container for 4 to 5 days.
Adapted from the recipe by the Stay at Home Chef: https://thestayathomechef.com/homemade-aussie-bites/