Leafy greens…check! Orange or yellow veggie…check! Eggs…check! Protein…check! This super easy and beautiful dish works equally well for weekend brunch or weeknight dinner.
- 1 sweet potato peeled and sliced into thin rounds
- handful of fresh spinach chopped
- 6 eggs
- small handful of parsley chopped
- small handful of basil chopped
- about ¼ cup goat chevre
- 1 TBSP butter
Note: For this recipe, I use an 9” round cast iron skillet. You can use a different size skillet, just adjust the ingredients accordingly.
1. With a medium flame, melt butter in a small skillet. Add sweet potatoes. Stir frequently and allow the potatoes to soften. It takes about 7 or 8 minutes.
2. While the potatoes are cooking, beat your eggs.
3. Once the potatoes are nice and soft, add the spinach and cook for about 5 minutes, allowing the spinach to begin to wilt.
4. Add eggs, parsley, basil , salt and pepper. Using your spatula, encourage the greens and potatoes to mix in with the eggs. Be gentle.
5. Cover and cook on a medium/low flame for about 5-8 minutes. Every now and then, encourage the greens a little further. Continue to cook until the egg looks about 85-90% done.
6. Turn off heat. Add goat cheese. Broil in the oven for 4 minutes until goat cheese is soft and slightly browned.
NOTE: I have successfully made this recipe substituting swiss chard for the spinach and mozzarella cheese for the chevre
Recipe adapted from Grow Vibrant